Sunday, June 10, 2018

Texas People Power

I decided in Jan of 2018 to submit an entry for the Texas Public Radio T-shirt competition for 2018.

The theme was People Powered Radio.  I choose a Beer Bicycle format which was lighting up the state of Texas through people peddling and partying together.  Friends -- Charles, Lourdes, Susan, Allen, and Steven came to the studio and I took their pictures on Mary Kay's new bicycle.   It was a large painting and I took it in once to my class with Janice Hindes where Kristen, Kim, Daniel, Judy and Janice all took turns doing brush work particularly on my Texas map.   We all thought it was a sure winner, but it was not.   My daughter Langley Garland added the creative digital text and suggested a shirt format. 

So, this is also about the time that we started becoming interested in supporting Beto O'Rourke as a Senate candidate from Texas.   With some digital help from Langley, we repurposed the shirt -- and donated a bunch to friends and Beto's local campaign.

The lovely image is available for sale and on my FASO site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment