Thursday, October 27, 2016

Work in Progress on Global Warming

Let me add an update to this...during a rainy week here in San Antonio, it became clear that the rain needed to be much more visible, and so painted on -- adding rain and diminishing the background figure in the boat.

Generally working the negative space.  I will add an image soon.

 The New York Times picked up an image from the Picayune Times (?) of three people in a gray rain in a boat that was not working.  It made me think -- there is a story to be told about the diaspora that will be occurring because of the weather change.  So I am working on an oil painting -- and I am not quite sure how it will end, but it will likely have three people in a boat in the near ground and smoke stacks pouring out smoke in the background, negative space.

It is a work in progress and I share it as such.



No comments:

Post a Comment